Sunday, April 9, 2017

Never Too Old To Be Little

"Aren't you a little old for that?"

That right there is a phrase I have heard since I was a teenager. I heard it about the clothes I wore, the music I listened to, and the people I chose to hang out with (I've always had mostly friends that are younger than me). People my age and older were constantly making me feel weird about liking things that were not "appropriate" for my age range and it really irked me because I wasn't doing anything wrong, I was just enjoying life.

Now at the ripe old age of almost 44 you would think that I would be done hearing that phrase right?

Wrong.

I hear it a lot, but this time it is about being a Little. As far as I know, DDlg, CGL, and Littles did not exist 20 or so years ago, and if they did they stayed in the shadows because it was so taboo. If I knew then what I know now, I would've realized that I was a Little in my late teens/twenties like most of my fellow Littles today.

However, I didn't discover this part of myself until approximately 2 years ago...so sue me that I was late to the party. I don't understand why I am shunned by some folks who are supposedly about togetherness in this community, but want to set an age limit on how old a Little can be. If you look around Fetlife, you don't see older folks getting shunned for liking other kinds of kinks, so why does it happen in Littledom? Plain and simple, it shouldn't and I would like to put a stop to it.

So what if you have gray hair and like wearing onesies, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. The same goes for people who are wrinkly and wear bifocals, us older folk need to do what makes us happy just like everyone else. You are only as old as you feel kiddos, and don't ever forget it!