Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Little Problem of Validity

If you are like me, when you discovered the Little/CGL community you probably thought to yourself that being part of this group of people would be a peaceful journey. I mean, what kind of drama could possibly happen when people are in Little Space? It's all sippy cups and coloring books most of the time right?

Wrong.

In the past month or so I have come to discover just how petty, and close minded some people in our community can be and it makes me very unhappy. I'm not going to name names (or usernames), but I do want to jot down my thoughts on the situation.

Within the past week, one member of our happy group of Littles was bullied and called "invalid" because she does not wear diapers in Little Space. Yes you heard me right, because she chooses not to wear diapers as a part of her lifestyle, another Little called her invalid.Thats like a woman telling another woman she isn't actually a woman because she doesn't wear pantyhose. It's completely absurd and ignorant.

Nobody has the right to call anybody invalid. Now I don't know this Little personally, but she could have any number of reasons for not wanting to sport diapers. I don't wear diapers at the moment because money is tight for my family, and other things like food, rent, and medicine are more important than dips to wear. Does that make me invalid and not a real Little? Absolutely not, it just makes me a responsible person when adulting which we all have to do as much as we don't want to.

I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in, that's what a blog is for right? I just hope that this one incident is the only one I ever see. I want us to be one big, happy, safe, bully free community.